What is the process of getting a divorce by mutual consent?

To get a divorce by mutual consent, a person and their spouse (husband/wife) must formally agree to the divorce. One person, referred to as the Plaintiff, files a Complaint in Divorce against his/her spouse, the Defendant. But both parties (that is, both the Plaintiff and the Defendant) must sign and file Affidavits of Consent (these are legal documents in which parties they agree to the divorce). Statute: 23 Pa Code § 3102 (c).

This website provides general information related to the law designed to help users easily research about possible legal needs. This website does not provide legal advice and Provider is not a law firm. Please consult your attorney for more specific information.

Decode Again!

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=6]. Our reference to other resources is not meant to imply an approval, endorsement, affiliation, sponsorship or other relationship to or by the linked site or its operator, contents, or trade names, logos, symbols, service marks or other intellectual property rights associated with the hyperlinks, citations or URLs we provide. This website does not incorporate or endorse any materials appearing in such linked sites by reference.