If a mother is seeking a custody agreement what are her rights?

If a mother files for custody, the person she names as the father will be asked to sign an Acknowledgment of Paternity. If he refuses, the court will award custody to the mother. A custody action is a lawsuit, usually between separated parents, over legal and physical custody of their minor child. State law lets the courts to decide whether one or both parents make decisions regarding the child, with which parent the child lives (custodial parent), and how often the child visits the other parent (non-custodial parent). Child Custody actions involve important legal rights, only a lawyer can fully explain your legal rights and provide professional advice. 23 Pa.C.S.A. § 5323

This website provides general information related to the law designed to help users easily research about possible legal needs. This website does not provide legal advice and Provider is not a law firm. Please consult your attorney for more specific information.

Decode Again!

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=6]. Our reference to other resources is not meant to imply an approval, endorsement, affiliation, sponsorship or other relationship to or by the linked site or its operator, contents, or trade names, logos, symbols, service marks or other intellectual property rights associated with the hyperlinks, citations or URLs we provide. This website does not incorporate or endorse any materials appearing in such linked sites by reference.