Who is responsible for finding a replacement tenant?

According to California Civil Code, Section 1951.2, your landlord must provide reasons to re-rent a unit. This is regardless of your reasons for leaving early before they charge you for remaining rent due. Your landlord must attempt to fill the unit during the time and subtract and only charge you for time when the unit is empty. If your landlord tries to fill the space and is unsuccessful, you may be responsible for paying the full rent remaining on your lease, and will likely be sued in small claims court.

This website provides general information related to the law designed to help users easily research about possible legal needs. This website does not provide legal advice and Provider is not a law firm. Please consult your attorney for more specific information.

Decode Again!

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]. Our reference to other resources is not meant to imply an approval, endorsement, affiliation, sponsorship or other relationship to or by the linked site or its operator, contents, or trade names, logos, symbols, service marks or other intellectual property rights associated with the hyperlinks, citations or URLs we provide. This website does not incorporate or endorse any materials appearing in such linked sites by reference.